Three Houses
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Three Houses

the unofficial forum for British punk rock band SHARKS (2007-13) & its successors (THE VIOLENT HEARTS, 2014- & THEIR LONELY BETTERS, 2014-)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» new The Violent Hearts line-up and gig, The Sunflower Lounge, Birmingham, 3/3/17
Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby museums Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:23 am

» The Computers
Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby museums Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:19 am

» new music from James Mattock: The Violent Hearts
Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby Fallen On Deaf Ears Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:00 am

» The Penalty EP - vinyl
Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby museums Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:07 pm

» Their Lonely Betters
Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby gloveinhand Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:23 pm

» Starting Out! Looking for Anything and Everything.
Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby museums Thu May 22, 2014 8:37 am

» The Penalty (lyrics)
Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby Admin Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:51 am

» Sharks t-shirt on cover of Jennifer Rostock's 'Schlaflos'
Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby museums Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:57 pm

» Sharks call it a day
Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby PJayBe Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:53 pm

» Looking to complete my collection...(HELP)
Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby orwellaintdead Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:29 pm

» looking for..
Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby orwellaintdead Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:47 pm

» Dream Setlist?
Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby orwellaintdead Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:07 pm

Anyone received their orders yet?

Go down 
+8
Jagveer ///
tomlobban
SL1210
Spent Heart
CookPassBabtridge
moreblue
gloveinhand
EF
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
tomlobban
It All Relates
It All Relates
tomlobban

Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 6:47 pm

I got my post office slip with the charge on it. Annoyingly, I added the Common Grounds 7" to the bundle because it didn't have any additional postage but my charge has now been doubled due to 2 items! (order is labelled 2x £13.23)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/tom.lobban
gloveinhand
Site Admin
Site Admin
gloveinhand

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 8:25 pm

I've just paid a £19.61 customs charge just to get my Japanese copy of No Gods - what a joke!

I'm just getting really frustrated about my other vinyl orders; the ultimate bundle and ltd 300 LP aren't here yet and have only just left customs!

So apologies for not updating the Lyrics page yet!
Back to top Go down
http://davidxstanley.tumblr.com
Jagveer ///
It All Relates
It All Relates
Jagveer ///

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 8:49 pm

To be honest, the MerchNow thing has been bugging me ever since I paid back in Feb, and the extra money some of you guys had to pay for customs just makes it ridiculous, I am actually quite annoyed that it happened to you.

Went ahead and cancelled my green wedge order, ordered the HMV one for a tenner. Not that bothered about the colour I get, I know it'll most likely be the blue/red. It's good to have gotten away from MerchNow, everything feels right now!
Back to top Go down
tomlobban
It All Relates
It All Relates
tomlobban

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 9:00 pm

Yeah, I wish I'd just ordered the album on it's own from banquet. Merchnow's a bastard!
Back to top Go down
museums
It All Relates
It All Relates
museums

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 9:03 pm

gloveinhand wrote:
I've just paid a £19.61 customs charge just to get my Japanese copy of No Gods - what a joke!

part of that is the £8 admin fee, but how can the rest be tax? - surely the CD wasn't that expensive; I wonder if you can still query it
Back to top Go down
gloveinhand
Site Admin
Site Admin
gloveinhand

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 8:24 am

museums wrote:

part of that is the £8 admin fee, but how can the rest be tax? - surely the CD wasn't that expensive; I wonder if you can still query it

The CD cost me £17, 28 including p&p, so do customs take into account the p&p??
Back to top Go down
museums
It All Relates
It All Relates
museums

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 10:29 am

gloveinhand wrote:
museums wrote:

The CD cost me £17, 28 including p&p, so do customs take into account the p&p??

no, they don't take postage into account; so on £17 you should pay £3.40 VAT, plus the £8 admin fee, a total of £ 11.40; maybe they coverted the Yen wrongly
Back to top Go down
gloveinhand
Site Admin
Site Admin
gloveinhand

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 10:30 am

Oh right! Best get on the phone to customs then..
Back to top Go down
Fallen On Deaf Ears
It All Relates
It All Relates
Fallen On Deaf Ears

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 5:07 pm

Do you have to pay tax even if the package is marked as gift?
Back to top Go down
http://fuckyeahsharksband.tumblr.com/
SL1210
Trains
Trains

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 5:13 pm

Fallen On Deaf Ears wrote:
Do you have to pay tax even if the package is marked as gift?

I understand that the threshold is higher on the value of the item before you have to pay tax, if marked as a gift.
Back to top Go down
http://deadformat.net/tradelist/SL1210
SL1210
Trains
Trains

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 5:20 pm

I got my customs letter today, so I have paid that (£18) and stumped up another £12 for it to be delivered tomorrow (Sat) as I'm not going to be in next week to accept the parcel.

So, £30 in total, fantastic... pale there had better not be anything missing from the parcel, I will be angry.
Back to top Go down
gloveinhand
Site Admin
Site Admin
gloveinhand

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 5:26 pm

I got mine today for my ultimate package! I had to pay £24 extra, so I'm just gonna wait until monday!

It is so ridiculous that they've taken this long and we've had to pay extra!!!
Back to top Go down
SL1210
Trains
Trains

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 5:28 pm

gloveinhand wrote:
I got mine today for my ultimate package! I had to pay £24 extra, so I'm just gonna wait until monday!

Hmmm strange that yours was more, my order is the Ultimate Package + Clear/Black record. Was yours just the ult... package?
Back to top Go down
gloveinhand
Site Admin
Site Admin
gloveinhand

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 5:30 pm

SL1210 wrote:
gloveinhand wrote:

Hmmm strange that yours was more, my order is the Ultimate Package + Clear/Black record. Was yours just the ult... package?

It was the ultimate package + clear/black but I got 2 of them cause I've got them for museums and myself
Back to top Go down
SL1210
Trains
Trains

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 5:32 pm

gloveinhand wrote:
SL1210 wrote:
gloveinhand wrote:

It was the ultimate package + clear/black but I got 2 of them cause I've got them for museums and myself

Ah that would make sense, I'll report back tomorrow if there is anything damaged/missing from mine.
Back to top Go down
gloveinhand
Site Admin
Site Admin
gloveinhand

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 5:53 pm

OK man!! I really hope nothing is!
Back to top Go down
Diggin' The New
Trains
Trains
Diggin' The New

PostSubject: Anyone received their order yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 8:34 pm

It's a little worrying this appears to becoming (if not already is) the most active topic in this sites existence.

I tried to contact merchnow the other day but lost interest as registering seemed to take ages......if anyone has, I'd be interested in what they had to say about this fiasco

little confused about all the customs charges because I ordered a polo, TJOL, and a couple of pins at the beginning of March and they've arrived with no customs charges and the cost was about the same as the bundle.
Back to top Go down
moreblue
It All Relates
It All Relates
moreblue

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 8:51 pm

MerchNow and Rise Records are ignoring me about my missing screen poster issue. It seems that they think ignoring customers will make them go away. NOT the best business plan for returning / long term customers.
Pretty damn annoyed I haven't had a reply at all. I've posted on Rise's facebook page to see if that gets any reply.

But I should be grateful I have the rest of the bundle I guess. And luckily escaped the customs charge this time (I got charged on the other 3 occasions I've ordered from Merchnow in the past).

IF anyone from the U.K does make any new orders from MerchNow any time soon then please let me know...
it would be AWESOME if someone could add one of the El Jefe No Gods posters to their order (only $10 +shipping) and I'd sort them out with the £15 or whatever it costs when it arrives in England, via Paypal.
That would be amazing!!!!
They'd probably charge bme about $25 to ship it separately (and I've already paid for one once as part of the bundle) so I figure it would be a smarter way to get one if anyone would be kind enough to help me out with it.
Like if someone was to order the new Hot Water Music bundle that they've just put up, for example.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Jagveer ///
It All Relates
It All Relates
Jagveer ///

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 9:48 pm

I'm rather confused at how some of you have been able to avoid a customs charge, how does it all work?
Back to top Go down
moreblue
It All Relates
It All Relates
moreblue

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 10:14 pm

It's just luck I think...

"there was a hole in my bundle bag I lost to luck"

Hah
Back to top Go down
SL1210
Trains
Trains

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 11:05 am

Pleased to report nothing missing/damaged, I can relax now.

Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 4 Nogods
Back to top Go down
Jagveer ///
It All Relates
It All Relates
Jagveer ///

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 11:07 am

Mine arrived nice and quick Smile Definitely should have just tried HMV in the first place!
Back to top Go down
tomlobban
It All Relates
It All Relates
tomlobban

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 7:59 am

Picked mine up from the post office today. I had ordered No Gods bundle, and common grounds 7".
Got 2 bundles and 2 common grounds ... Everything was doubled.
Back to top Go down
moreblue
It All Relates
It All Relates
moreblue

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 8:23 am

Whoa that's SO lucky!

If you were willing to sell me your spare No Gods screen print poster (as mine got lost during shipping), let me know how much you'd want for it.
Cheers!
Back to top Go down
tomlobban
It All Relates
It All Relates
tomlobban

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 9:10 am

[quote]Whoa that's SO lucky!

If you were willing to sell me your spare No Gods screen print poster (as mine got lost during shipping), let me know how much you'd want for it.
Cheers![quote]

I got the second sized bundle, which didn't include the screen print, sorry. I would have sent you if I got it though. I don't know what to do with the rest of the stuff. My friend will buy some of it haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone received their orders yet?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next