Three Houses
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Three Houses

the unofficial forum for British punk rock band SHARKS (2007-13) & its successors (THE VIOLENT HEARTS, 2014- & THEIR LONELY BETTERS, 2014-)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» new The Violent Hearts line-up and gig, The Sunflower Lounge, Birmingham, 3/3/17
Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby museums Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:23 am

» The Computers
Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby museums Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:19 am

» new music from James Mattock: The Violent Hearts
Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Fallen On Deaf Ears Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:00 am

» The Penalty EP - vinyl
Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby museums Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:07 pm

» Their Lonely Betters
Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby gloveinhand Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:23 pm

» Starting Out! Looking for Anything and Everything.
Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby museums Thu May 22, 2014 8:37 am

» The Penalty (lyrics)
Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Admin Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:51 am

» Sharks t-shirt on cover of Jennifer Rostock's 'Schlaflos'
Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby museums Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:57 pm

» Sharks call it a day
Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby PJayBe Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:53 pm

» Looking to complete my collection...(HELP)
Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby orwellaintdead Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:29 pm

» looking for..
Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby orwellaintdead Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:47 pm

» Dream Setlist?
Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby orwellaintdead Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:07 pm

Anyone received their orders yet?

Go down 
+8
Jagveer ///
tomlobban
SL1210
Spent Heart
CookPassBabtridge
moreblue
gloveinhand
EF
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
moreblue
It All Relates
It All Relates
moreblue

Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 2:31 pm

museums wrote:
moreblue wrote:
ACE my bundle has just arrived but very sadly missing the El Jeffe poster Sad

I can only think that it was in a tube that was taped to the parcel and it's fallen off because there's a note saying 'sorry your item was damaged'. I'll have to get on to MerchNow to see if they can send me one out asap.

with orders like that, I have usually had the poster tube arrive seperately, so it may still come another day

Fingers crossed. I've emailed Merchnow about it. When I ordered TJOL bundle it all came at the same time, but that poster was smaller so it was easier to fit. I guess these are the A2 ish size if they're the same format as the Gaslight Anthem El Jeffe prints.

Let me know if anyone else is missing their posters or arrives separately. Cheers.

Strangely enough the 7" cover record is numbered but the /100 album isn't.
Back to top Go down
Fallen On Deaf Ears
It All Relates
It All Relates
Fallen On Deaf Ears

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 4:08 pm

I got my package today. Unfortunately is my LP damaged. It has big tears on the cover and inner sleeve. Crying or Very sad Nothing else in the package was defective so I guess Merchnow just threw in a broken record.
Back to top Go down
http://fuckyeahsharksband.tumblr.com/
moreblue
It All Relates
It All Relates
moreblue

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 4:25 pm

Fallen On Deaf Ears wrote:
I got my package today. Unfortunately is my LP damaged. It has big tears on the cover and inner sleeve. Crying or Very sad Nothing else in the package was defective so I guess Merchnow just threw in a broken record.

Whoa that's really bad as that's the main exclusive item and reason why we ordered the ultimate bundle.

Not that it makes it any better, but there's nothing special about the sleeve (not numbered) so I guess you could pick up a /600 vinyl and use that sleeve as the 'perfect' copy for your /100 vinyl.
Just an idea. But better that still, MerchNow might send you a spare case or even better a green variant to make up for it.

Was the silkscreen poster included in the box? I think my whole box broke or something and was re-boxed at some point. Luckily everything else in in there (badges etc), but the posters (photo one and silkscreen print) are missing.

Last edited by moreblue on Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tomlobban
It All Relates
It All Relates
tomlobban

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Didn't arrive :'(. Also hope it's not defective like everyone elses
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/tom.lobban
Fallen On Deaf Ears
It All Relates
It All Relates
Fallen On Deaf Ears

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 7:03 pm

moreblue wrote:

Whoa that's really bad as that's the main exclusive item and reason why we ordered the ultimate bundle.

Not that it makes it any better, but there's nothing special about the sleeve (not numbered) so I guess you could pick up a /600 vinyl and use that sleeve as the 'perfect' copy for your /100 vinyl.
Just an idea. But better that still, MerchNow might send you a spare case or even better a green variant to make up for it.

Was the silkscreen poster included in the box? I think my whole box broke or something and was re-boxed at some point. Luckily everything else in in there (badges etc), but the posters (photo one and silkscreen print) are missing.

I thought about that too. Bought a red/blue at Banquet.
I sent a message to Merchnow so I might get another record.
Back to top Go down
Spent Heart
Trains
Trains
Spent Heart

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 9:56 pm

Not sure if it was damaged in the process of shipping or just shipped that way, but my "No Gods" LP cover sleeve had a good size crease/bend mark on the front. I assume it wasn't during shipment because the record itself isn't broken or damaged. So nothing major but a real bummer this is an issue for others too.
Back to top Go down
tomlobban
It All Relates
It All Relates
tomlobban

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 4:22 pm

Still not here!
Back to top Go down
Jagveer ///
It All Relates
It All Relates
Jagveer ///

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 6:05 pm

Mine also hasn't arrived (I'm in London), you guys have got me worried about damage now!
Back to top Go down
SL1210
Trains
Trains

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 7:21 pm

I'm also still waiting, tracking says "Awaiting Customs Charging", I guess they are counting up how much to charge me... i'm gonna be really annoyed if after waiting so long that something is damaged/missing.
Back to top Go down
http://deadformat.net/tradelist/SL1210
Fallen On Deaf Ears
It All Relates
It All Relates
Fallen On Deaf Ears

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 7:30 pm

I had to pay about £20 when I picked up my package at the post office yesterday...
Back to top Go down
tomlobban
It All Relates
It All Relates
tomlobban

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 7:42 pm

Picked up your package from the post office? Did they leave a slip at your house
Back to top Go down
Fallen On Deaf Ears
It All Relates
It All Relates
Fallen On Deaf Ears

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 8:21 pm

My postman can easily be mistaken for Newman. he would never condescend to deliver anything but bills. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL6ubXD9ZjY
Back to top Go down
Jagveer ///
It All Relates
It All Relates
Jagveer ///

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 9:40 pm

How are you guys tracking it? Is it via MerchNow's thing?
Back to top Go down
SL1210
Trains
Trains

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 9:41 pm

Jagveer /// wrote:
How are you guys tracking it? Is it via MerchNow's thing?

From the tracking number on the e-mail shipping notification.
Back to top Go down
gloveinhand
Site Admin
Site Admin
gloveinhand

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 9:43 pm

Mine and museums' order is awaiting customs charge. I'm so annoyed at how long this is taking to get here!
Back to top Go down
http://davidxstanley.tumblr.com
SL1210
Trains
Trains

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 9:45 pm

gloveinhand wrote:
Mine and museums' order is awaiting customs charge.

And mine.
Back to top Go down
gloveinhand
Site Admin
Site Admin
gloveinhand

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 9:50 pm

You would have thought they'd do something before the orders get sent! My order was mailed on 14/3/12 - ridiculous! I dread to think what it's gonna be like when the 2nd press has been shipped
Back to top Go down
http://davidxstanley.tumblr.com
Jagveer ///
It All Relates
It All Relates
Jagveer ///

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 10:57 pm

This whole thing just really sucks :/

Edit - I see that Amazon and HMV are selling it, the latter for £9.99! Regardless of which colour they send, I do wish I had just waited it out and gone with this one.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/No-Gods-VINYL-Sharks/dp/B00701QTY8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1332890992&sr=8-3

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;0;-1;-1;-1&sku=583960
Back to top Go down
Spent Heart
Trains
Trains
Spent Heart

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 4:14 am

Does anyone else think the Sharks should switch to another place to sell and manage merch? It seems merchnow is poorly maintained. Or am I just being picky?
Back to top Go down
moreblue
It All Relates
It All Relates
moreblue

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 8:23 am

Spent Heart wrote:
Does anyone else think the Sharks should switch to another place to sell and manage merch? It seems merchnow is poorly maintained. Or am I just being picky?

YES!!!

On one hand I'm super lucky I didn't get a customs charge. And have my bundle.
But on the other I don't have my El Jeffe Poster because the box got damaged in shipping (according to the letter). I've emailed Merchnow twice about it and still got no answer.

How does the poster arrive normally? In a tube, in the box? Or attached on the side of the box?

Hope you guys get yours orders through ASAP!!!
Back to top Go down
EF
Trains
Trains
EF

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 8:49 am

what are all these custom charges? I didn't have to pay anything extra and I'm in the UK.
Back to top Go down
http://it-all-relates.tumblr.com/
Spent Heart
Trains
Trains
Spent Heart

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 9:08 am

moreblue wrote:
Spent Heart wrote:

YES!!!

On one hand I'm super lucky I didn't get a customs charge. And have my bundle.
But on the other I don't have my El Jeffe Poster because the box got damaged in shipping (according to the letter). I've emailed Merchnow twice about it and still got no answer.

How does the poster arrive normally? In a tube, in the box? Or attached on the side of the box?

Hope you guys get yours orders through ASAP!!!

The poster should come in a tube that's placed partially inside a bag with the top half sticking out, and then it is all taped up to keep them together. The bag contains the shirts and the box for the LP.

So I was thinking of sending the Sharks a brief message on their Facebook letting them know several people aren't entirely satisfied with their service. I mean I understand fully the Sharks are not to blame and I'm not necessarily looking to blame anyone, I just believe this shouldn't be a problem for as many people as it is, and if it wouldn't be too difficult they should look else where for future releases. But if I were to I would hope to hear how everyone feels about it because I don't expect perfection and understand simply that shit happens and postage may be the cause of some of these issues. So what do you all think? All of your thoughts would be appreciated.

Back to top Go down
moreblue
It All Relates
It All Relates
moreblue

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 7:39 pm

Thanks for clarifying about the bag that the poster comes in! The seem on my bag has split and that's how the poster fell out I guess Sad

I've emailed Rise Records about it too as MerchNow seem to me ignoring me.

It's kind of a joke that the bundles / records from a band from 2 towns away from me have to come from America (at a very expensive shipping cost to U.K fans) but while I could moan about it... I guess that's just the way it is and there's not much we can do if we want the rare / cool stuff.

I wonder how many albums their deal with Rise Records is for? Anyone know?
I'd say that the major labels will be stiffing around Sharks very soo (if not already) based on the amazing strength of songs on No Gods and HUGE crossover appeal (already had a decent amount of Radio 1 airplay) and I see Patient Spider being a big summer hit song. And I'd guess major labels won't do cool limited pressings of vinyl etc.
Back to top Go down
tomlobban
It All Relates
It All Relates
tomlobban

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 8:09 pm

Quote :

Yeah, and it's not just this. I was reading other forums and similar stories; Bundles damaged, Orders cancelled etc.
Back to top Go down
Diggin' The New
Trains
Trains
Diggin' The New

PostSubject: Anyone received their order yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 6:27 pm

I can see there are concerns about damage when it does arrive, but I'm interested in knowing who hasn't received anything as yet

The last UPS update was the 20 March saying the bloody thing was still in the US.....I'd like to say I'm getting worried but it's more anger

So if anyone still ain't had anything I'd like to know.

Oh by the way the red ble vinyl is being sold on tour
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone received their orders yet?   Anyone received their orders yet? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone received their orders yet?
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next