Three Houses
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Three Houses

the unofficial forum for British punk rock band SHARKS (2007-13) & its successors (THE VIOLENT HEARTS, 2014- & THEIR LONELY BETTERS, 2014-)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» new The Violent Hearts line-up and gig, The Sunflower Lounge, Birmingham, 3/3/17
awesome review of Dallas gig Icon_minitimeby museums Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:23 am

» The Computers
awesome review of Dallas gig Icon_minitimeby museums Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:19 am

» new music from James Mattock: The Violent Hearts
awesome review of Dallas gig Icon_minitimeby Fallen On Deaf Ears Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:00 am

» The Penalty EP - vinyl
awesome review of Dallas gig Icon_minitimeby museums Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:07 pm

» Their Lonely Betters
awesome review of Dallas gig Icon_minitimeby gloveinhand Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:23 pm

» Starting Out! Looking for Anything and Everything.
awesome review of Dallas gig Icon_minitimeby museums Thu May 22, 2014 8:37 am

» The Penalty (lyrics)
awesome review of Dallas gig Icon_minitimeby Admin Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:51 am

» Sharks t-shirt on cover of Jennifer Rostock's 'Schlaflos'
awesome review of Dallas gig Icon_minitimeby museums Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:57 pm

» Sharks call it a day
awesome review of Dallas gig Icon_minitimeby PJayBe Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:53 pm

» Looking to complete my collection...(HELP)
awesome review of Dallas gig Icon_minitimeby orwellaintdead Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:29 pm

» looking for..
awesome review of Dallas gig Icon_minitimeby orwellaintdead Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:47 pm

» Dream Setlist?
awesome review of Dallas gig Icon_minitimeby orwellaintdead Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:07 pm

awesome review of Dallas gig

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Common Grounds
Trains
Trains
Common Grounds

awesome review of Dallas gig Empty
PostSubject: awesome review of Dallas gig   awesome review of Dallas gig Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 8:24 am

www.punknews.org/review/10214

"After the Drowning Men came Sharks, a band that's been getting a lot of publicity in punk circles and that I was pretty eager to check out. I was a little curious how their music would fit opening for Chuck just because of how fast and loud their songs were compared to Chuck's newer, more folksy direction, and how the energy from their set would carry over. I didn't really know what to expect but I definitely didn't expect them to blow everyone away like they did. They played some of the best new punk that I've heard in a long time and they were all phenomenal musicians. In particular, their guitarist was amazing and had some of the greatest solos that I've ever seen live. You could tell just by watching that even though the band had come all the way from England and had nowhere to sleep for the night that they were having a great time and really giving it their all. Towards the end of their set, Chuck came out and sang a few lines from "Rooftops" while the band kept playing. It was definitely one of the best openers that I'd seen and the band did a great job getting everyone excited for Chuck to come out and play. I don't know many of their songs or what songs they played, but I definitely understand now why this band is getting so much press and think that they're a band to watch in the future."
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1