Three Houses
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Three Houses

the unofficial forum for British punk rock band SHARKS (2007-13) & its successors (THE VIOLENT HEARTS, 2014- & THEIR LONELY BETTERS, 2014-)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» new The Violent Hearts line-up and gig, The Sunflower Lounge, Birmingham, 3/3/17
Introduce yourself Icon_minitimeby museums Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:23 am

» The Computers
Introduce yourself Icon_minitimeby museums Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:19 am

» new music from James Mattock: The Violent Hearts
Introduce yourself Icon_minitimeby Fallen On Deaf Ears Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:00 am

» The Penalty EP - vinyl
Introduce yourself Icon_minitimeby museums Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:07 pm

» Their Lonely Betters
Introduce yourself Icon_minitimeby gloveinhand Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:23 pm

» Starting Out! Looking for Anything and Everything.
Introduce yourself Icon_minitimeby museums Thu May 22, 2014 8:37 am

» The Penalty (lyrics)
Introduce yourself Icon_minitimeby Admin Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:51 am

» Sharks t-shirt on cover of Jennifer Rostock's 'Schlaflos'
Introduce yourself Icon_minitimeby museums Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:57 pm

» Sharks call it a day
Introduce yourself Icon_minitimeby PJayBe Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:53 pm

» Looking to complete my collection...(HELP)
Introduce yourself Icon_minitimeby orwellaintdead Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:29 pm

» looking for..
Introduce yourself Icon_minitimeby orwellaintdead Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:47 pm

» Dream Setlist?
Introduce yourself Icon_minitimeby orwellaintdead Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:07 pm

Introduce yourself

Go down 
+7
rocknrollneedstragedy
Admin
yourstofear
Jagveer ///
Fallen On Deaf Ears
museums
gloveinhand
11 posters
AuthorMessage
gloveinhand
Site Admin
Site Admin
gloveinhand

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 11:32 pm

So I thought we could get to know each other!

I'm Dave, 22 from Lincoln.

I found SHARKS by chance in 2009 and havent looked back. They're my favourite band

Last edited by gloveinhand on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://davidxstanley.tumblr.com
museums
It All Relates
It All Relates
museums

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 6:00 pm

I first got to hear Sharks at the Brixton Academy when they opened for the Gaslight Anthem. Seeing this tall guy come on stage and shout "how pathetic this must sound" was quite an experience.

I grew up with the music Sharks are rooted in, back in the 70s and 80s, and I think they are superb.

My own bit of Sharks history is that I was there when Criso first met Brian at the Forum in 2009, when he gave him the info about Sharks which started off their association. I actually took a photo of Criso and his friend with Brian.

That aside, I wrote Sharks' page on Wikipedia, which I keep updated as best as I can.
Back to top Go down
Fallen On Deaf Ears
It All Relates
It All Relates
Fallen On Deaf Ears

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 7:09 pm

I´m Elin, from Gothenburg. I have Trains as ringtone on my phone. The intro terrifies most people.Can not understand why... Surprised

Saw Sharks for the first time as the opening act for Gaslight Anthem in Gothenburg.
Im a big film nerd. Favorite directors are Hitchcock and Stanley Kubrick. Worships Napoleon Dynamite.

Are listening to everything from the clash to Arcade Fire.
I learn speaking chinese. Quite fun actually!

Apologizing for my bad english.

Back to top Go down
http://fuckyeahsharksband.tumblr.com/
Jagveer ///
It All Relates
It All Relates
Jagveer ///

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 11:35 pm

My name's Jagveer, from West London. 17 years old right now. My favourite bands (Before SHARKS) were The Clash and The Gaslight Anthem. In the summer of 2010, I decided to buy a ticket to see Gaslight live in November. It was to be my first ever gig! While doing some digging to see who would be supporting them, I came across this band called Sharks. I searched them up online, and found a video of Fallen on Deaf Ears.

I downloaded their free EP Shallow Waters, fell in love, and was happy to find that they were releasing a new one called Show of Hands. Seeing them live was great. Got to see them again in February 2011, and luckily they were around to chat afterwards. Really nice bunch of guys! I'm now a massive SHARKS fan and I'm very grateful that I got to follow them from their (relatively) early days.

I'm now looking forward to their first full-length. Until then, constantly scouring the 'net to find any SHARKS material I can; Interviews, pictures, live videos etc.

Hopefully they'll be in London again (headlining!) nice and soon so I can see them for a 3rd time.

This forum should keep me up to date with the world of SHARKS, thanks a lot to everyone who contributes!

Check out my band, (Ethnic) Diversity: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ethnic-Diversity/211774672167849

Back to top Go down
yourstofear
Trains
Trains
yourstofear

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Hello!   Introduce yourself Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 4:55 pm

My name is Olivia. I'm from the US. I'm not a really interesting person Razz
I first saw SHARKS this past summer on Warped Tour. Andrew was walking around with the 'fuck god' shirt and when me and my sister read it, we had to go see the band. They started with Trains and i instantly fell in love. After we went to buy some merch and met Sam and Andrew. They're really nice Smile
I now listen to them almost everyday. They're amazing Smile

fuckyeahsharksband | tumblr Smile
Back to top Go down
http://prisonersriot.tumblr.com/
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Admin

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 8:35 pm

yourstofear wrote:
My name is Olivia. I'm from the US. I'm not a really interesting person Razz
I first saw SHARKS this past summer on Warped Tour. Andrew was walking around with the 'fuck god' shirt and when me and my sister read it, we had to go see the band. They started with Trains and i instantly fell in love. After we went to buy some merch and met Sam and Andrew. They're really nice Smile
I now listen to them almost everyday. They're amazing Smile

fuckyeahsharksband | tumblr Smile

good to have you on board, Olivia

and you've even done a Sharks tumblr, good on you (can you add this forum to your links?)
Back to top Go down
https://sharks.forumotion.com
Jagveer ///
It All Relates
It All Relates
Jagveer ///

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 9:08 pm

Thanks for joining, Olivia

Also... Admin, who are you? lol
Back to top Go down
gloveinhand
Site Admin
Site Admin
gloveinhand

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 9:23 pm

Welcome Olivia!! I hope you enjoy the board Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rocknrollneedstragedy
Trains
Trains
rocknrollneedstragedy

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 10:43 am

My name is Hanna, i'm 17 and from Sweden, I draw and paint a lot and I have bit of a obsession with old school tattoos.

I have been a SHARKS fan for about a year now. I saw them for the first time in October 2010, when they were the opening act for The Gaslight Anthem and I have loved them ever since!

Back to top Go down
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Admin

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 6:12 pm

rocknrollneedstragedy wrote:
My name is Hanna, i'm 17 and from Sweden, I draw and paint a lot and I have bit of a obsession with old school tattoos.

I have been a SHARKS fan for about a year now. I saw them for the first time in October 2010, when they were the opening act for The Gaslight Anthem and I have loved them ever since!

and welcome to you too cheers
Back to top Go down
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Admin

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 6:13 pm

Jagveer /// wrote:
Also... Admin, who are you? lol

oh, I'm just the guy who started this forum, and I have NO official connection with the band

more another day Wink
Back to top Go down
Christophe
Trains
Trains

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 5:38 pm

Hi I'm Chris I've been following Sharks since I saw them support The Gaslight Anthem at Birmingham in 2010. Loved The Joys of Living and I am a big fan and cannot wait for No Gods to come out especially after hearing Arcane Effigies Very Happy. Also I am going to see them in Manchester in March. Can't wait.
Back to top Go down
Fallen On Deaf Ears
It All Relates
It All Relates
Fallen On Deaf Ears

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 8:22 am

Welcome Chris!

I wish that Sharks could do a European tour this year. I would love to hear the new songs live. Arcane Effigies stuck in my head in first listening. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spent Heart
Trains
Trains
Spent Heart

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 12:57 am

Well my names Mycul and I'm 19 and a fairly new fan of the Sharks. I first heard of them last year when Tom Gabel tweeted about them suggesting everyone check them out on Warped Tour. So since Against Me is one of my favorite bands I took his advice and checked their set out. If it weren't for such an amazing performance I probably wouldn't have been so impressed. I loved their live set, the sound, the voice, the energy, the stage presence, it was all so good. Instantly after their set I had to go and pick up their CD. So since then they've become one of my favorites and I can't wait for No Gods.
Back to top Go down
Fallen On Deaf Ears
It All Relates
It All Relates
Fallen On Deaf Ears

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 6:44 am

Welcome Mycul!
Back to top Go down
gloveinhand
Site Admin
Site Admin
gloveinhand

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 11:36 pm

Welcome to the board Mycul, I hope you enjoy it here!
Back to top Go down
thrownintothewind
Trains
Trains

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 4:29 pm

Hi, I'm James from Birmingham. I've known Sharks since late 2007 early 2008, and have put a few gigs on for them in the past with ex-bassist Criso.
Back to top Go down
Fallen On Deaf Ears
It All Relates
It All Relates
Fallen On Deaf Ears

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 5:56 pm

Welcome James! I hope you enjoy the board
Back to top Go down
Iconoclast
Trains
Trains
Iconoclast

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Yo dogs...   Introduce yourself Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 4:02 pm

My name's Stephen and I live in northern Ireland and I'm 16 (so what?).

I suppose the main reason I'm into sharks is because of the astounding lyrics. I learnt about these guys through Against Me!.

I promise I won't (fully) ruin your forum
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Introduce yourself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Three Houses :: Forum :: Fans-
Jump to: