Three Houses
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Three Houses

the unofficial forum for British punk rock band SHARKS (2007-13) & its successors (THE VIOLENT HEARTS, 2014- & THEIR LONELY BETTERS, 2014-)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» new The Violent Hearts line-up and gig, The Sunflower Lounge, Birmingham, 3/3/17
New Song - 'Sunday's Hand' Icon_minitimeby museums Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:23 am

» The Computers
New Song - 'Sunday's Hand' Icon_minitimeby museums Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:19 am

» new music from James Mattock: The Violent Hearts
New Song - 'Sunday's Hand' Icon_minitimeby Fallen On Deaf Ears Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:00 am

» The Penalty EP - vinyl
New Song - 'Sunday's Hand' Icon_minitimeby museums Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:07 pm

» Their Lonely Betters
New Song - 'Sunday's Hand' Icon_minitimeby gloveinhand Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:23 pm

» Starting Out! Looking for Anything and Everything.
New Song - 'Sunday's Hand' Icon_minitimeby museums Thu May 22, 2014 8:37 am

» The Penalty (lyrics)
New Song - 'Sunday's Hand' Icon_minitimeby Admin Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:51 am

» Sharks t-shirt on cover of Jennifer Rostock's 'Schlaflos'
New Song - 'Sunday's Hand' Icon_minitimeby museums Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:57 pm

» Sharks call it a day
New Song - 'Sunday's Hand' Icon_minitimeby PJayBe Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:53 pm

» Looking to complete my collection...(HELP)
New Song - 'Sunday's Hand' Icon_minitimeby orwellaintdead Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:29 pm

» looking for..
New Song - 'Sunday's Hand' Icon_minitimeby orwellaintdead Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:47 pm

» Dream Setlist?
New Song - 'Sunday's Hand' Icon_minitimeby orwellaintdead Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:07 pm

New Song - 'Sunday's Hand'

Go down 
+2
Christophe
gloveinhand
6 posters
AuthorMessage
gloveinhand
Site Admin
Site Admin
gloveinhand

New Song - 'Sunday's Hand' Empty
PostSubject: New Song - 'Sunday's Hand'   New Song - 'Sunday's Hand' Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 9:52 am

Back to top Go down
http://davidxstanley.tumblr.com
Christophe
Trains
Trains

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Sunday's Hand'   New Song - 'Sunday's Hand' Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 10:29 am

Ok I am going to reserve complete judgement on the album until I have heard the whole thing but from Sunday's Hand and Portland I am a bit disappointed to be honest. I just don't think either of these tracks come close to the quality of the songs on No Gods. I am also a bit concerned that the whole album will be tracks just over 2 minutes long :/

I have heard the Banquet solo session of James playing Selfhood too which didn't really blow me away either (granted the studio version may be much better). The other thing that concerns me is the production of Selfhood based on Portland and Sunday's Hand. It just isn't as clear as No Gods was and James' vocals seem lost in the mix to me.

I don't want to be completely negative as I love this band but I just wonder if this album might be their 'blip' after such an amazing record as No Gods was. I wonder if anyone else feels similarly?
Back to top Go down
tomlobban
It All Relates
It All Relates
tomlobban

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Sunday's Hand'   New Song - 'Sunday's Hand' Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 3:44 pm

This is pretty much exactly what I think haha. The mix on this is pretty bad too I think
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/tom.lobban
museums
It All Relates
It All Relates
museums

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Sunday's Hand'   New Song - 'Sunday's Hand' Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 9:06 am

I think the arrangements of the songs are getting more complex, which is brave. You'll probably find that after a few listens you 'get' these.

As for the mix, I agree re. the low vocals, but I have learnt not to judge the mix by YouTube videos.

I read somewhere that the album comes in at just over half an hour, so the songs are on the short side, which is quite a classic move though, rather than simply repeating a chorus, however good, ad nauseam.
Back to top Go down
Jagveer ///
It All Relates
It All Relates
Jagveer ///

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Sunday's Hand'   New Song - 'Sunday's Hand' Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 4:56 pm

I love both of the new songs, and to be honest I hadn't noticed the slightly odd mix until I saw it mentioned here! Now I cant un-hear it Neutral

Back to top Go down
moreblue
It All Relates
It All Relates
moreblue

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Sunday's Hand'   New Song - 'Sunday's Hand' Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 7:05 pm

I think the mix is pretty good. Maybe the vocals are a bit low (especially at the start intro) but I actually quite like that they're not pushed too high. A lot of other bands / songs have the vocals set too high I think (especially radio 1 day time music). Plus it's only Youtube quality so far.
Definitely liking this tune more than Portland (which I've grown to like more than I did initially).
Decent lyrics on this one... I like the line about a brand new attitude.

Interesting that both these 2 new songs have a single sign-off line in a similar style. Like Portland has "i'm thinking of yooou" and Sunday's Hand has "with bloodflowers in the ground". Almost like a PS at the end(s).

Fingers crossed the album is solid!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Song - 'Sunday's Hand'   New Song - 'Sunday's Hand' Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Song - 'Sunday's Hand'
Page 1 of 1