Three Houses
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Three Houses

the unofficial forum for British punk rock band SHARKS (2007-13) & its successors (THE VIOLENT HEARTS, 2014- & THEIR LONELY BETTERS, 2014-)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» new The Violent Hearts line-up and gig, The Sunflower Lounge, Birmingham, 3/3/17
Favourite Bands? Icon_minitimeby museums Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:23 am

» The Computers
Favourite Bands? Icon_minitimeby museums Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:19 am

» new music from James Mattock: The Violent Hearts
Favourite Bands? Icon_minitimeby Fallen On Deaf Ears Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:00 am

» The Penalty EP - vinyl
Favourite Bands? Icon_minitimeby museums Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:07 pm

» Their Lonely Betters
Favourite Bands? Icon_minitimeby gloveinhand Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:23 pm

» Starting Out! Looking for Anything and Everything.
Favourite Bands? Icon_minitimeby museums Thu May 22, 2014 8:37 am

» The Penalty (lyrics)
Favourite Bands? Icon_minitimeby Admin Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:51 am

» Sharks t-shirt on cover of Jennifer Rostock's 'Schlaflos'
Favourite Bands? Icon_minitimeby museums Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:57 pm

» Sharks call it a day
Favourite Bands? Icon_minitimeby PJayBe Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:53 pm

» Looking to complete my collection...(HELP)
Favourite Bands? Icon_minitimeby orwellaintdead Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:29 pm

» looking for..
Favourite Bands? Icon_minitimeby orwellaintdead Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:47 pm

» Dream Setlist?
Favourite Bands? Icon_minitimeby orwellaintdead Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:07 pm

Favourite Bands?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tomlobban
It All Relates
It All Relates
tomlobban

Favourite Bands? Empty
PostSubject: Favourite Bands?   Favourite Bands? Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 10:02 pm

Aside from Sharks, what are people's favourite bands?

Some of mine are:
Black Flag, Crossbreaker , Iceage , Crowns, Bastions , At The Drive-In , patrickjamespearsonBand , Throats , The Cramps , The Black Tambourines , Jesus and Mary Chain, The Clash, The Gaslight Anthem,New Years Evil, Title Fight, Death, Turbowolf, Hawk Eyes, Trash Talk, Social Distortion, The Computers, Gallows, Ceremony, OFF!, Bad Brains, Minor Threat, Cerebral Ballzy, Jim Jones Revue, De La Soul, The Bots, Fire Island Pines, Gorgeous Bully,Beastie Boys, Shit Horse, The Wedding Present, Rage Against the Machine, Weezer, The Misfits, Gnarwolves, The Black Keys, Fucked Up, Ghoul Gang, Bangers, Gorilla Biscuits, Lost Dawn, Little Leagues, Mona, Reagan Youth

Last edited by tomlobban on Wed May 02, 2012 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/tom.lobban
moreblue
It All Relates
It All Relates
moreblue

Favourite Bands? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bands?   Favourite Bands? Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 8:25 am

Amazing taste man! Iceage are really good! That record was one of my favourites last year. It's so ugly but so good.
Can't wait to see At The Drive In again at Reading festival.
Reagan Youth, whoa you've gone back and done your homework!
Looking forward to the new Title Fight record. Hopefully later this year.
Trash Talk are one of the craziest live bands I've ever seen! They had 5 bins being thrown around in the crowd like beach balls at Reading Festival 2010. Plus the biggest stage invasion and a guy in a wheelchair crowdsurfing!

I just went to Groezrock festival at the weekend and saw Refused which was amazing. I never thought I'd see them play live (they said they'd never play again) but they put on such a cool show. So much energy! They made Time Armstrong from Rancid look kinda old and like he was struggling to play for an hour (but they were still great and I love them too). Whereas Refused had major energy start to finish.

Went to check out Gallows with the new singer Wade too. They were good!! Not the same distinctive character and conviction as Frank but they put on a great show. There was no security or barrier on that particular stage either. SO there were loads of stage divers which was so fun to watch.

Too many other great bands played to mention them all. But Dave Hause and Chuck Regan but on amazing sets at the acoustic stage. It was like the Revival Tour all over again.

Back to top Go down
gloveinhand
Site Admin
Site Admin
gloveinhand

Favourite Bands? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bands?   Favourite Bands? Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 8:52 am

Damn moreblue, I'm really jealous you got to see Refused!!

I love so many bands, ones I can think of are

SHARKS, Black Flag, Alkaline Trio, Hot Water Music, The Clash, Minor Threat, The Frustrators, Pinhead Gunpowder, Misfits, Descendents, AFI, Bad Brains, Green Day, Banquets, blink-182, Refused, The Bronx, The Computers, The Catharsis, The Explosion, Foo Fighters, Gallows, The Gaslight Anthem, The Who, Home Grown, The Hip Priests, Rancid, I Am The Avalanche, Suedehead, Rocket From The Crypt, NOFX, New Found Glory

thats just to name a few!

Back to top Go down
http://davidxstanley.tumblr.com
moreblue
It All Relates
It All Relates
moreblue

Favourite Bands? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bands?   Favourite Bands? Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 9:08 am

They were ace! There was even a guy in the crowd hanging upside down by his feet, from some rope hanging from the tent (like the New Noise video).

In the wait for the new Gaslight Anthem record I've been listening to Banquets lots. I ordered this Tshirt yesterday. I tried to find it to buy at Groezrock but the merch stand was HUGE, like a whole tent market and I couldn't see / find it for sale.

http://banquetsamerica.limitedpressing.com/products/17264
Back to top Go down
tomlobban
It All Relates
It All Relates
tomlobban

Favourite Bands? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bands?   Favourite Bands? Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 8:12 pm

Good call on Suedehead man, they're so good, where did you hear about them?
Back to top Go down
gloveinhand
Site Admin
Site Admin
gloveinhand

Favourite Bands? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bands?   Favourite Bands? Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 8:14 pm

tomlobban wrote:
Good call on Suedehead man, they're so good, where did you hear about them?

Thanks man! Their singer used to be in a band called Beat Union and I just sorta followed him after that! Their 3 EPs are awesome
Back to top Go down
http://davidxstanley.tumblr.com
tomlobban
It All Relates
It All Relates
tomlobban

Favourite Bands? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bands?   Favourite Bands? Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 8:53 pm

Yeah, they're sick and I didn't know he was in Beat Union?!
In Motion ep was my favourite
Back to top Go down
Fallen On Deaf Ears
It All Relates
It All Relates
Fallen On Deaf Ears

Favourite Bands? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bands?   Favourite Bands? Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 7:46 am

I have pretty much the same taste in music as you guys, some of my favorites are: The Clash, The Computers, Arcade Fire, The Gaslight Anthem, David Bowie, Cloud Nothings, The Catharsis, Deerhunter, Sonic Youth, Suedehead, The Wipers, Lcd Soundsystem, Velvet Underground, The Bronx, Tom Waits, Television.
The List goes on...

And sometimes you have only heard one album or a few songs by some artist, and you really love that song/album but you think all their other songs are quite bad (like most albums from the 60's- awesome singles but boring fillers) or you just have not discovered them yet. (like, I have only heard Nervous Breakdown and TV Party but never listen to a full album)
Back to top Go down
http://fuckyeahsharksband.tumblr.com/
Spent Heart
Trains
Trains
Spent Heart

Favourite Bands? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bands?   Favourite Bands? Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 8:34 am

You all have a great taste in music! I enjoy a lot of the same bands to be honest. But right this moment I would say Against Me, Strung Out, and The Replacements are at the top of my list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Favourite Bands? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Bands?   Favourite Bands? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favourite Bands?
Page 1 of 1