Three Houses
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Three Houses

the unofficial forum for British punk rock band SHARKS (2007-13) & its successors (THE VIOLENT HEARTS, 2014- & THEIR LONELY BETTERS, 2014-)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» new The Violent Hearts line-up and gig, The Sunflower Lounge, Birmingham, 3/3/17
another new bass player Icon_minitimeby museums Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:23 am

» The Computers
another new bass player Icon_minitimeby museums Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:19 am

» new music from James Mattock: The Violent Hearts
another new bass player Icon_minitimeby Fallen On Deaf Ears Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:00 am

» The Penalty EP - vinyl
another new bass player Icon_minitimeby museums Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:07 pm

» Their Lonely Betters
another new bass player Icon_minitimeby gloveinhand Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:23 pm

» Starting Out! Looking for Anything and Everything.
another new bass player Icon_minitimeby museums Thu May 22, 2014 8:37 am

» The Penalty (lyrics)
another new bass player Icon_minitimeby Admin Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:51 am

» Sharks t-shirt on cover of Jennifer Rostock's 'Schlaflos'
another new bass player Icon_minitimeby museums Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:57 pm

» Sharks call it a day
another new bass player Icon_minitimeby PJayBe Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:53 pm

» Looking to complete my collection...(HELP)
another new bass player Icon_minitimeby orwellaintdead Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:29 pm

» looking for..
another new bass player Icon_minitimeby orwellaintdead Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:47 pm

» Dream Setlist?
another new bass player Icon_minitimeby orwellaintdead Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:07 pm

another new bass player

Go down 
+5
Jagveer ///
Christophe
Fallen On Deaf Ears
gloveinhand
travelsunderground
9 posters
AuthorMessage
travelsunderground
Trains
Trains

another new bass player Empty
PostSubject: another new bass player   another new bass player Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 8:19 pm

apparent from today at head records that tony has left for some reason, anyone who was there know who the guy on bass is?
Back to top Go down
gloveinhand
Site Admin
Site Admin
gloveinhand

PostSubject: Re: another new bass player   another new bass player Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 8:30 pm

Woah, whys that? Did you speak to any of the guys?
Back to top Go down
http://davidxstanley.tumblr.com
Fallen On Deaf Ears
It All Relates
It All Relates
Fallen On Deaf Ears

PostSubject: Re: another new bass player   another new bass player Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 9:01 pm

I hope it's just that Tony couldn't make it and nothing serious
Back to top Go down
http://fuckyeahsharksband.tumblr.com/
Christophe
Trains
Trains

PostSubject: Re: another new bass player   another new bass player Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 9:56 pm

Fallen On Deaf Ears wrote:

I'm sure that this is the case.
Back to top Go down
travelsunderground
Trains
Trains

PostSubject: Re: another new bass player   another new bass player Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 10:18 pm

Christophe wrote:
Fallen On Deaf Ears wrote:

I'm sure that this is the case.

That could be the case, but this geezar on bass was signing vinyls and stuff so would be a bit strange if he was just filling in
Back to top Go down
Christophe
Trains
Trains

PostSubject: Re: another new bass player   another new bass player Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 10:36 pm

Oh right well it seems odd that the band never mentioned him then?
Back to top Go down
gloveinhand
Site Admin
Site Admin
gloveinhand

PostSubject: Re: another new bass player   another new bass player Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 10:40 pm

Maybe it was Adam Lovelock, their original bassist. I know he's filled in from time to time..that'll explain the record signing..
Back to top Go down
http://davidxstanley.tumblr.com
Jagveer ///
It All Relates
It All Relates
Jagveer ///

PostSubject: Re: another new bass player   another new bass player Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 10:44 pm

I would have mentioned this earlier, thought they would have made the announcement by now.

I met the guy at the show on Friday, forgotten his name (sorry!) but he is the new bass player. Apparently he's been touring with them since 2009!

For some reason Tony wasn't right for them, I didn't want to ask too much though. James did say that they'll be oficially announcing it "soon" so I guess we should just wait for that Smile
Back to top Go down
Christophe
Trains
Trains

PostSubject: Re: another new bass player   another new bass player Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 10:59 pm

Bloody hell. First Criso now Tony. I might take up bass and apply to join the band Wink
Back to top Go down
Jagveer ///
It All Relates
It All Relates
Jagveer ///

PostSubject: Re: another new bass player   another new bass player Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 11:01 pm

Christophe wrote:
Bloody hell. First Criso now Tony. I might take up bass and apply to join the band Wink

Haha! James did also say "no fucking around this time" regarding the multiple changes in bass players. I guess this guy is meant to be with them "forever" but then again, so were the others...
Back to top Go down
moreblue
It All Relates
It All Relates
moreblue

PostSubject: Re: another new bass player   another new bass player Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 11:53 pm

It's Carl who I bought my first ever Sharks classic Tshirt from in winter 2009. He's the guy who handles their merch and big cartel shop while they're away on tour. Seems like a good dude. They've been friends for quite a while so I can see this one sticking around hopefully. Played well today and good back up vocals.

Sam told a good Spinal Tap esque joke about Tony dying in a ride-on lawnmower accident. But went on to say it just wasn't feeling right on both sides so he's no longer in the band. I think Tony spends a lot of time in LA as his gf lives there which probably didn't help.
Back to top Go down
museums
It All Relates
It All Relates
museums

PostSubject: Re: another new bass player   another new bass player Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 8:37 am

oh man, this really is sooooooo Spinal Tap
Back to top Go down
moreblue
It All Relates
It All Relates
moreblue

PostSubject: Re: another new bass player   another new bass player Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 8:39 am

museums wrote:

Hahah! So true.

I forgot to say that Carl is credited on Show Of Hands ep for backup vocals on It All Relates.
Back to top Go down
museums
It All Relates
It All Relates
museums

PostSubject: Re: another new bass player   another new bass player Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 8:46 am

moreblue wrote:
museums wrote:

Hahah! So true.

I forgot to say that Carl is credited on Show Of Hands ep for backup vocals on It All Relates.

so this is Carl Murrihy, and you are 100% he is now their 'permanent' bass player?
Back to top Go down
moreblue
It All Relates
It All Relates
moreblue

PostSubject: Re: another new bass player   another new bass player Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 9:29 am

Yeah that's what James and Sam were implying. They said they were going to announce it soon.
Whether he'll record or not, I'm not sure (as James did most of the bass tracks on the album I think) but it seems he's definitely going to be touring.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: another new bass player   another new bass player Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 9:40 am

moreblue wrote:
Yeah that's what James and Sam were implying. They said they were going to announce it soon.
Whether he'll record or not, I'm not sure (as James did most of the bass tracks on the album I think) but it seems he's definitely going to be touring.

they might as well do it now - if you go to Google and type in 'Sharks bass player', guess what page appears amongst the top hits ..., yes, this one
Back to top Go down
https://sharks.forumotion.com
moreblue
It All Relates
It All Relates
moreblue

PostSubject: Re: another new bass player   another new bass player Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 9:53 am

I guess they would have normally announced it already on a more normal week. But with the release of their debut happening this week, I guess that's the current thing to promote and talk about.

We're probably jumping ahead. It's kinda cool / geeky that we even care about who is playing bass for them.
Back to top Go down
SL1210
Trains
Trains

PostSubject: Re: another new bass player   another new bass player Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 5:50 pm

moreblue wrote:
It's Carl who I bought my first ever Sharks classic Tshirt from in winter 2009. He's the guy who handles their merch and big cartel shop while they're away on tour. Seems like a good dude. They've been friends for quite a while so I can see this one sticking around hopefully. Played well today and good back up vocals.

I thought he looked familiar when I saw him yesterday at Head, I've spoken with him in the past, I think his hair is different perhaps...?
Back to top Go down
http://deadformat.net/tradelist/SL1210
Jagveer ///
It All Relates
It All Relates
Jagveer ///

PostSubject: Re: another new bass player   another new bass player Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 1:01 am

Here's the announcement from Facebook:

We'd like to announce to you all that there has been a new change. Tony Corrales will be pursuing his journey with The Exposed, and will unfortunately no longer be a member of Sharks. But we'd like to wish him the absolute best for the future! We'd also like to welcome our very good friend Carl Murrihy, as he will now be joining as the new bass player of Sharks. Thank you and we'll see you on the road!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: another new bass player   another new bass player Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 8:50 pm

another new bass player Sharknew300
Back to top Go down
https://sharks.forumotion.com
Jagveer ///
It All Relates
It All Relates
Jagveer ///

PostSubject: Re: another new bass player   another new bass player Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 12:17 am

Looks the part, I reckon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: another new bass player   another new bass player Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

another new bass player
Page 1 of 1